SB Nation, the largest and fastest growing network of online sports communities, is seeking an outstanding developer.
You’ll join our small product team and participate in every phase of the development cycle, from feature design, prototyping, and technical architecture to development, deployment, and maintenance. Primarily, you’ll be coding a Ruby on Rails application backed by a MySQL database and running on Linux servers.
You’re a friendly, creative, and pragmatic problem-solver who’s passionate about developing elegant solutions and awesome user experiences. You also:
- Have extensive experience building high-traffic web applications, writing complex and efficient SQL queries, profiling and optimizing code, and devising and implementing caching strategies
- Love writing unit tests and using source control & bug tracking systems
- Know your way around *nix operating systems
- Communicate well
- Have a solid grounding in object-oriented programming and fundamental computer science concepts such as concurrency, complexity theory, and algorithms & data structures
Ideally, you also have:
- Built and deployed into production a non-trivial Rails application
- Worked on small development teams and with remote team members
- Experience building Ajax/DHTML interfaces using the Prototype framework
- Experience using a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Experience managing MySQL servers (maintenance, replication, tuning, etc.)
- Experience managing web or application servers (configuring and tuning any of these: Apache, Mongrel, Nginx, Lighttpd)
- Experience in sports media, passionate fan of sports or actively play sports yourself
About us: SportsBlogs Nation is a network of individual blog communities run by fans, for fans and united by a common devotion to their favorite team or sports. We provide the highest quality content, conversations, and applications to an audience of over 2.3 million (and growing) passionate fans around the world. After successfully growing organically for the last 3 years, we are a well-funded company with an established revenue model and business expertise to go with our technology product & blogging editorial foundation.
This is a permanent position with full benefits based anywhere. Our offices are located in DC. Remote candidates must be able to travel to DC from time to time for meetings, product design session, etc. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com.