Today, we released a number of updates to SB Nation, our fourth update since the SB Nation United launch on September 24. Here are some of the improvements:
- Mobile optimization improvements (load time, performance, display)
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepages of our sites
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepages
- Added author bylines on articles in the cover section (top stories) Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on a homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover (top stories section)
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
If you want to take a peek behind the curtain, check out a complete version history of changes we make to the platform.
There are additional adjustments in the pipeline, focussing on suggestions by users around the network. We are always listening to suggestions and making improvements to improve your experience. So if you notice anything amiss or have suggestions for improvement, please email email@example.com.