Vox Media's SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a steady hand, and that's where you come in.
A new SB Nation blog covering the National Women's Hockey League, Canadian Women's Hockey League, collegiate and international women’s hockey, is looking for a manager.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about hockey. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that hockey fans love.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality writing.
- Help recruit and build diverse team of writers.
- Build a new brand from the ground up.
- Operate the site’s Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of the site.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for hockey, with particular knowledge of the women’s game.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools and social media platforms (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. The site manager will start on or around August 1, with a planned site launch scheduled on or around September 1.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.